Every North Carolina angler loves a good fishing some good fishing gear. Whether it’s an awesome filet knife or a new digital accessory that could seriously help your fishing game. The team of experienced captains at Jeannie D Sport Fishing have a compiled a solid list of 2018’s best gear for North Carolina fishers.
- Booms Multi-Tool Fishing Pliers: Anglers need a variety of cutting and crimping tools for dealing with line and lures. Made of anodized stainless steel that will last a lifetime, the Booms Multi-Tool is packed with 13 separate tools that fold down into an easy-to-store compact pliers. It has the ability to perform all kinds of fishing tasks such as cutting through wire leaders, crimping lead and sleeves, opening split rings, and more!
- Deeper Portable Wireless Wi-Fi Fish Finder: When it comes to fishing gadgets, it doesn’t get much better than this! The Deeper Smart Sonar Pro+ is a sonar fish finder that is tied to the end of your line and cast out into the water. You use an app on your smartphone to survey the underwater landscape to locate the fish. Gotta love technology! The Pro+ has full GPS integration which allows you to map wherever you fish whether from the shore or out deep, has a 300-foot wi-fi range from your phone, and a depth range of 260 feet.
- Lindy Fish Handling Glove: Protect your hands from hooks, sharp objects, and knives with this fish handling glove from Lindy. Made from a cut proof material called Super Fabric, it protects from sharp blades and puncture wounds on the palm and underside of each finger. Bonus – they’re easy to clean and dry quickly between handling.
- GoPro Hero4: GoPro does it again with this awesome fishing gadget has taken the outdoor sports world by storm! Mount the waterproof GoPro on your boat or on your chest/hat so you can catch every minute of the action. Then, use the GoPro App to sync up to your smart phone/tablet using wi-fi or Bluetooth which will give you the ability to control your GoPro from up to 600 feet away.
- Okuma Spinning Travel Kit: Want to go fishing on the fly? You’ve got to invest in the Okuma Spinning Travel Kit, a great low-cost way of keeping a light fishing tackle set up at all times. The Voyager comes in its own padded carry case which protects the rod and reel from being damaged in transit. Features include a lightweight Voyager 20 reel, five six-foot travel rods, small tackle box, and a padded case.
- Rapala4 Soft Grip Fillet Knife: Any good angler knows that when you fillet a fish, you’ve got to use a strong, flexible, and SHARP knife. Rapala is known for their quality fillet knives, and they never disappoint. This particular knife comes with a soft grip and an extremely sharp and flexible, stainless steel blade that will get the job done every time.
- Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses: Fishing in the sun all day can wreak serious havoc on the eyes, so you’ve got to wear shades. Costa Del Mar Fantail sunglasses protect your eyes from the harmful glare off the surface of the water AND help you locate fish better than the naked eye. Built from high Polycarbonate, they are highly durable and tough enough to withstand long-term outdoor use.
For more information and to book a fishing charter in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, call Jeannie D Sport Fishing at (856) 261-4646 today!